You asked for it and here it is! Smoothies you can count on to tackle your PCOS or even if you are generally looking for a healthy morning start. Smoothies are the rich source of antioxidants and are a perfect filling way to start your day off on the right foot.
I wasn’t familiar with the concept of smoothies as a way to deal with my symptoms of PCOS a few years back. I used to drink it because I loved how rich and yummy it was but once I read how everyone in the PCOS world was crazy about it as a way to combat acne, weight gain, bloating and many other symptoms, I started including it regularly in my diet. The results were fantastic, for me personally, it helped a tonne with acne and pigmentation over time. I have modified the recipe according to things I find easy and that’s the best part about all these recipes I am going to share here, you can customize it however you like and it still tastes yum! So without further ado, let’s jump right in –
I call this a ‘lazy person’s poison’ because it really is throwing everything into the blender and blend! All you need is:-
- 1 cup fresh and washed spinach/kale. Whatever is available.
- 1/2 cup cucumber (chunks), you can also use green apple, sometimes I like the tanginess (this step is optional).
- I cup coconut milk/almond/dairy whatever is available (I recommend Kara coconut milk in the Indian market, slightly expensive, about 70/- but it’s a much better alternative).
- Half a banana, frozen or fresh ( no smoothie recipe is complete without banana for me)
Blend and enjoy the delish as it is or garnished with coconut flakes, you will not regret this one I swear!
Strawberry Chia Smoothie
This one is my favorite seasonal recipes. I am always the first one to pick up the box of strawberry as soon as it arrives near my local market. This one is creamy, more of a dessert than the smoothie and filled with awesome nutrients. You require:-
- 1 cup strawberries or as much as you like 😉
- Half a banana.
- Overnight soaked chia seeds in water. Chia is full of omega fatty acid and makes this smoothie even thicker.
- 2 TBS of unsweetened Greek yogurt (this you can make it at home).
- Sweetener of choice.
- 1 cup ice.
- Blend and serve chill. Yummy in my tummy 😛
Protein chocolate smoothie
If you like chocolate, this will be a perfect indulgence for you! Yummy swaps healthy, any day, right? This is both of those. All you need:-
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice (preferably vegan).
- 1 TBS grounded flax seed.
- 2 TBS of unsweetened peanut butter.
- 2 TBS pure cocoa powder. I use coffee a lot of times.
- 1 banana.
- 1 cup almond milk.
- Half a cup of ice.
- Blend and you have got your perfect post-workout smoothie in no time.
I hope you enjoy these recipes and share with me if you have a recipe of your own that you like! Bón appetite! ♥