Happy September! PCOS awareness month is celebrated throughout the world in the month of September to create awareness and support those struggling with it on a day today basis.
However, this time around instead of talking more about the struggles and troubles I want to celebrate those things that’s helping us successfully thrive even with PCOS and there are MANY of them. Here are some of mine:
1) PCOS made me this person who is constantly aware of what goes inside my body. If it wasn’t for PCOS, I would have never ever changed my lousy eating habits. Never.
2) PCOS helped me understand my body and made me more aware of the changes it goes through.
3) PCOS saved me from unhealthy lifestyle habits that was risking my overall future health. Now I work at it every single day only and only because of PCOS.
4) PCOS is the struggle that reminds me how important it is to take care of ourselves.
5) PCOS has made me more empathetic as a doctor towards illnesses that aren’t apparent on an outside.
I could go on and on about the changes PCOS brought in my life and as someone who always believes in looking at the brighter side of the things, I think it’s important we acknowledge these little positivities on our journey through PCOS. It’s easier to focus on all the problems because there are so many but this September I urge you to remind yourself of the little positive changes you have made on your way and feel proud.
Spread love and educate those aroSup. Don’t forget to share with me in what ways has PCOS changed you for better?
As always, if you have any questions or just wanna say Hi, I am here for you!